Become a young entrepreneur | Startup Central
Are you under 18 and have an entrepreneurial dream? Then this post is for you.
<div class='container'>

If you live in Denmark and are thinking of starting out as an entrepreneur and self-employed, you do not have to wait until you turn 18. You can start your business today. However, it requires a little help from a parent or guardian.

You may not establish and own a personal business when you are not of legal age. Nor may you establish a private limited company, but you may buy shares and be the owner of a company. Such legislation is established to help prevent young people from getting into a huge debt that they might end up paying off for the rest of their lives.

The solution may be that a parent or guardian launches and owns the business and you become an employee of the company. However, this presumes that you are over 15 years of age, as you cannot be an employee in a parent's company until you have turned 15.

When you turn 18, a generational change can occur, etc., this process is not always easy. Therefore, we suggest for you to seek advice from the relevant coaches we can offer you.

Another solution is that you apply for a dispensation in the Familieretshuset (Family Court). Here you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be 15 years of age or older.
  • A parent or guardian must send the application with you.
  • As a rule, permission is only granted to privately owned businesses (PMV) - not to the usual limited liability company (ApS).
  • You must provide an adequate business plan.
  • The company must be relatively risk-free for major debt.

The low risk is relevant, as the dispensation means that the parent or guardian assumes responsibility for any debts and obligations to customers and suppliers until you have reached the age of 18.

The application must contain the following:

  • Thorough description of your business and its purpose.
  • The basis for running the company - your education, experience or similar.
  • Budget that includes all expenses and expected revenue.
  • Information about possible loans.
  • Information about who manages accounts.
  • Information about any employees.
  • Possible risks of the company.
  • Copy of parent's or guardian's most recent annual statement from SKAT.
  • Information that the parent or guardian agrees that all claims that may arise in connection with the company are the person's responsibility.

The application can be sent by e-mail, in e-Boks or as a letter to the Familieretshuset. The processing time varies according to the municipality you live in and the individual case.

How do I start my business?

Once you have had your application approved, you go to and follow the instructions. Once your case has been processed and approved, you will receive your CVR number and then you are off to your entrepreneurial dream.